This officially came in at 40inches long! I know, that’s what SHE said. But WOW. This was impressive to see. My dad caught it yesterday down in Cape Cod, MA. It is a striped bass and I believe they need to be at least 28inches or longer for you to keep. I would most likely clean/gut this fish, then cut it up into steak filet and fire up the GRILL! This is generally how I would grill fish
- Put some salt on the fish
- Get a bowl and put some EVOO, lemon, salt, pepper, oregano and stir
- Once grill is nice and hot, put the fish on and brush the mixture on the fish
That’s really it. Continue to apply the mixture every time you flip the fish. You don’t want to let it dry out.
How would you prep, cook, etc.? Or would you have thrown it back ?
Believe it or not, I had just gone for the first time to NYC. Didn’t really know what to expect. City was BIG, not as dirty as I expected, and not as crowded as I thought. Central Park was massive and very nice. My wife and I did a lot of walking, and plenty of eating 🙂 The food was probably the most important reason to go to NY.
Here is the food rundown
1. Stage Deli – I guess this place is famous because it had a ton of celeb pic’s on their wall when you walk in. Their sandwiches are HUGE and pretty tasty. Had the “Tiger Woods” sandwich what had pastrami, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and russian dressing.
2. Milos Estiatorio – place was amazing. Greek cuisine like I’ve had in greece. Food was very fresh and delicious. Service outstanding also. My favorite thing here was the Octopus appetizer. Simple yet unbelievably amazing.
3. Norma’s – who needs to make a reservation for brunch???? I guess YOU do if you want to go here and not wait 1 hour to get a seat. Service was ok but their food was worth the wait! Here is the Chocolate Bread French Toast my wife got. The pic says it all
4. The Strip House – Any trip I take has to include a steak house, and this one did not disappoint! Had a very nice bone-in NY Strip which I loved. Great appetizers like Lobster Bisque, Seafood Platter and BACON! Our waiter did not miss a thing and trust me we ordered plenty. Who doesn’t love bacon ????
We also stayed at the London NYC hotel which I would stay at again. A modern hotel that was clean. That’s all I needed. Looking forward to our next trip to NYC!
I know chances of hitting this thing are close to none,but I suppose its always nice to day dream about WHAT you would do with the money.
First off, I would of course stop working BUT I would give my employer enough time to find a replacement and not just walk out. If that means I would need to work 1 month, 2 months, etc. I’d be willing to do that. Although at 2 months I would be itching to get out 🙂 Then I would like to help out those in need as much as I could. And finally I would invest/save a good chunk to make sure my family, and other generations to come were provided for appropriately. I’d want to help out my family pay down mortgages just to make life a little easier for loved ones.
For extravagant purchases???
I’m not really sure what I would want. I’m happy where I live now and with our home so I wouldn’t want to move. I would maybe look at getting a vacation home somewhere on the Mediterranean. I don’t think I would want a Yacht, or any fancy race cars. Although I think when I were to fly, I might want to look at those fancy private jet services that you can fly with.
I guess that’s it.
How about you ???
Is this the parking job of the year or what???? Wow
Since it is lent and I am fasting for greek easter (basically go vegan for lent), I am ordering the buritto bowl with…….
Black beans cause pinto has bacon in it
Greek easter/lent is a bit different. We do not pick 1 thing to give up. You technically are suppose fast for the entire lent period without eating meat, cheese, dairy, etc. Now technically you are not allowed to have oil either only on Saturdays and Sundays during lent. Wine is also allowed on weekends. I make a minor adjustment though
I eat oil 🙂
What do you like to get at Chipotle?
If I told you this lady is 52 years old? I’m not sure where the Chive finds these, but its a great website 🙂