This officially came in at 40inches long! I know, that’s what SHE said. But WOW. This was impressive to see. My dad caught it yesterday down in Cape Cod, MA. It is a striped bass and I believe they need to be at least 28inches or longer for you to keep. I would most likely clean/gut this fish, then cut it up into steak filet and fire up the GRILL! This is generally how I would grill fish
- Put some salt on the fish
- Get a bowl and put some EVOO, lemon, salt, pepper, oregano and stir
- Once grill is nice and hot, put the fish on and brush the mixture on the fish
That’s really it. Continue to apply the mixture every time you flip the fish. You don’t want to let it dry out.
How would you prep, cook, etc.? Or would you have thrown it back ?
Believe it or not, I had just gone for the first time to NYC. Didn’t really know what to expect. City was BIG, not as dirty as I expected, and not as crowded as I thought. Central Park was massive and very nice. My wife and I did a lot of walking, and plenty of eating 🙂 The food was probably the most important reason to go to NY.
Here is the food rundown
1. Stage Deli – I guess this place is famous because it had a ton of celeb pic’s on their wall when you walk in. Their sandwiches are HUGE and pretty tasty. Had the “Tiger Woods” sandwich what had pastrami, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and russian dressing.
2. Milos Estiatorio – place was amazing. Greek cuisine like I’ve had in greece. Food was very fresh and delicious. Service outstanding also. My favorite thing here was the Octopus appetizer. Simple yet unbelievably amazing.
3. Norma’s – who needs to make a reservation for brunch???? I guess YOU do if you want to go here and not wait 1 hour to get a seat. Service was ok but their food was worth the wait! Here is the Chocolate Bread French Toast my wife got. The pic says it all
4. The Strip House – Any trip I take has to include a steak house, and this one did not disappoint! Had a very nice bone-in NY Strip which I loved. Great appetizers like Lobster Bisque, Seafood Platter and BACON! Our waiter did not miss a thing and trust me we ordered plenty. Who doesn’t love bacon ????
We also stayed at the London NYC hotel which I would stay at again. A modern hotel that was clean. That’s all I needed. Looking forward to our next trip to NYC!